Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today read this, tomorrow do it.

A few years ago I used to wake up in the morning and very soon I would be worrying how I would be dealing with 'awkward' people and situations as I perceived them. I would run negative scenarios through my head, what would go wrong, how would I deal with it? Would the people I had difficulties with personally get in the way of the resolution I wanted? All this thinking really achieved was to put me in a negative state for most of the day, irrespective of what actually happened in my day.
Think negative things can happen in your day and you are probably right.
Think positive things can happen in your day and you are probably right.
I now know what is the right way to start my day.
I wake up and now think what can I do today to make things better. That thought is so empowering. I feel more refreshed immediately. Sure people do things I don't understand but that no longer makes me think there is something wrong with them. Anyway, now I can ask, instead of making something up in my head and letting that control my feelings.
My request to you the next time you wake up is to ask what can I do today to make things better and see how that transforms your day.

No comments: