Thursday, June 10, 2010

Today ='s right now

A while ago if you had suggested to me that before I start my day I would meditate and do some breathing exercises I may have snapped saying something like "I haven't got time for that sort of stuff".

Thankfully my mind now has the flexibility to move on from that kind of limiting thinking and I now do things that are different if I think they are useful.

My thought for today to share with you is that during today something will happen and your initial response will be the same as it has been for many years. This time STOP and think if this is in fact the right response and come up with a different action.

A really simple example is where a workmate offers to get you a coffee, perhaps as they always do, and they also expect the same response from you. This time say, and, or do, something different. Surprise yourself and your work colleague.

I know it is a little thing but it shows you how to just pause, take stock and reflect on what's being asked of you. Respond having thought what you really want and not what the other person may be wanting.

No comments: